Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Here we go...

I have always been passionate about pictures. I have BOXES and BOXES of them all over the place- in my extra bedrooms, in my mother's attic, and my house is covered. It is rare that you ever find me without my camera in my purse, and I know I went through hundreds of disposable cameras while growing up. When I got married the one expense I didn't hold back on was my photographs. When I was pregnant, we took pictures weekly to document my belly growing and then got maternity pictures made as we approached the end. My son Cameron has probably had more pictures taken of him in his short 14 months on earth than most people have in their entire lives. I cherish pictures. They inspire me. There is something so amazing about capturing a moment forever, and I want to do that for others.
So with much encouragment from my husband, I am excited (and a little nervous) to say we are starting a photography business. For now, we will do it on the side, which is enough for me. I am not confident enough to drop everything and only take pictures. I enjoy teaching, and I don't know that I will ever be a full time, professional, photographer. My desire is to provide beautiful, real pictures for my friends and family to cherish. I have experienced how quickly children change and grow, and I want to provide people with an affordable and creative way to document all the milestones and memories.
As with any business there are start up costs, and it hasn't been cheap! Casey has researched cameras we bought an amazing Canon. We have also gotten a few lenses and other accessories to get us started. He is amazing on the computer, so I am going to take pictures while he does the editing. I think we make an amazing team.
We will soon have our website up and running for our future clients. While we are working on that, I will be working on building a portfolio. This is where my friends and family come in. If you want to trust me to take some pictures of you, your loved ones, your family, your babies, PLEASE let me know. I will be more than happy to come snap some shots, let Casey edit them, and give you a little taste of my style. All I ask is for you to let me use your photos to build a portfolio in return. I have PLENTY of my sweet little model and will continue to shoot him daily, but I think there needs to be some variety.
I'm sure there will be challenges, and I know I have so much to learn, but I am really, really excited about this new venture we have decided to take.
If you are interested in allowing me to gain some experience through photographing you, your family, or your kids, please email me at ashleighdeesphotography@hotmail.com. I would like to get some good shoots in before we return to school! Thanks for your support!
Ashleigh

3 comments:

  1. cute idea! i can't wait to see your camera:) you know..i went to school for photography then changed to early childhood.. oh well!
    can't wait for you to take some pics of my crew! thanks so much for offering:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very proud of ya'll!!! I hope this takes off and ya'll love it. Love ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea. We will want you to take some of little Charlotte when she comes to visit.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete